Frequently Asked Questions
Is it spicy?
For the original MILD version, there's a little kick, but it’s not overwhelmingly hot. The product is meant to enhance the flavor of your dish. There are natural spices in the recipe including Szechuan chili peppers and peppercorns. With a score of 10 being "burn your face" spicy, here are the spice levels:
- Original (Mild Kine spicy) - 1/10
- Medium Kine spicy - 4/10
- Spicy Kine Spicy - 7/10
We use ghost peppers in our recipe.
Do you ship to the US Mainland and internationally? And what are your rates?
YES to United States, NOT YET to other countries - working on it! Here are the shipping rates as of March 28, 2022:
What can I eat this with?
Practically with anything. Use it in your cooking, as garnish, flavor enhancer, or as a dipping sauce. Add it to your salad, pizza, dimsum, rice, meat dishes, fish, some even put it on ice cream!
If you require larger quantities for your event or special occasion, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for a special order.
Where on Maui can I buy your product?
We are available on the shelves at:
- Mana Foods in Paia
- Pukalani Superette
- TJ's Warehouse
- Four Sisters Bakery
- CAA Marketplace
- Tamura's in Wailuku, Kihei, and Lahaina
- Island Grocery Depot in Kahului
- Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center Gift Shop
- AC Hotel Marriot in Wailea
- Residence Inn Wailea
- Lahaina Visitor Center
- Our warehouse and office is in Wailuku.
News and write-ups
- February, 2022 - Pandemic Project: Maui Chili Chili Oil, From Side Hustle to Thriving Business, Maui Times
- Nov. 17, 2021 - It's Chili Chili In Hawaii - Think Tech Hawaii: Interview with Deron and Kit Furukawa, owners behind Maui Chili Chili Oil
- Made in Hawaii Festival - Maui Chili Chili Oil page
- Nov. 8, 2021 - "Technical difficulties sideline popular shopping festival" The Maui News, featuring Maui Chili Chili Oil on the front page!
- Aug. 17, 2021 - "Maui Chili Chili Oil... A local couple and their local product!" by Mana Foods